Your members join Groups to access the content they love! There's no limit to the number of Groups you can create – here's how you do it.
Creating a Group in the Console is super simple. And remember that you'll be able to edit everything except the URL ID after you've created the Group, so not everything needs to be perfect straight away - phew!
How to Create a Group:
1. Head to the Console, click Content and then Groups in the left-hand menu, then click + Create Group in the top-right of the Groups page.
2. You can then enter your Group name and description. It's best to keep your name and description unique, clear and memorable.
3. Edit the Cover photo section you can then select the image you'd like to use as your Group's main image.
This will be displayed in your Group dashboard alongside your other Groups so we recommend using an image that will be similar to your other Group cover photos.
We suggest you choose an image that's 2400 x 600 pixels.
Don't forget to edit the Thumbnail photo section for your group too! This will be the main icon for your Group.
We recommend you choose an image that's 1200 x 800 pixels.
4. You can then choose what type of Group you create. We offer four Group types:
5. Next you can choose some additional settings for the Group by toggling the Show advanced settings button. These are:
- Liking enabled – This will allow members to like Posts and different media.
- Commenting enabled – This will allow members to Comment on Posts and different media.
- Sharing enabled – This will allow members to share the Post so others can see it.
- Show members and count – This will allow you and your members to see how many people are in the Group and who they are.
- Enable hottest content filtering – This will order the posts based on popularity and engagement. You can learn more about this here.
6. You can then choose how the notifications work for your Group. For a better insight into the impact of notifications click here.
7. Next, select who you want to be able to Post in your new Group. You have two options:
8. You can also create your Group's URL. The URL will be used as a unique identifier for the Group and be a way for you to link to the specific Group externally.
Your Group URL can include letters, numbers and underscores – make sure there are no spaces in there!
9. Finally, if your group is a Mandatory one, you will be given the option to make it available for Subscribers only. This is great if you plan on monetising your Community, as once a member purchases a subscription, they will automatically be enrolled into this Group!
10. Click Create and voila! You've created your awesome new Group.
*P.S. Did you know that once you've published a Group, you can go back into the edit screen and amend where you would like your new Group to be positioned?
Just head to the advanced settings again and you can see a drop-down menu that will allow you to select which Group your newly created Group will be positioned above.
Now you need some posts for your Group. Here's How to Make a Post.