Sometimes there are Posts in your Community that are too good to miss. So why not notify your members of this Posts with a Push Notification.
A Community member can be notified about new Post(s) to a Group thanks to Push Notifications and/or In-App Notifications.
Learn more about the differences between Push and In-App Notifications here.
A Community member is notified about a new Post on a Group they are a member of when one of the following scenarios happens:
- A new Post is published in a Group with the default notification Group setting set to:
- Send Push Notification Only.
- Send In-app Notification Only.
- Send Push Notification + In-App Notification.
- The Host has published a Post via the Console on behalf of a Group Admin member account and have set that specific Post to trigger a notification. Even if the default notification group setting is No Notification. Learn more about member permissions here.
- A Community member they follow published a new Post.
- The Host manually selects the member and uses the Notify button via the Console to send them a manual Push Notification and redirect them to a Post of their choice. Learn more about this here.
Where Can I Find the Default Notification Group setting?
- You can find it when first setting up or editing a Group in the Console, under the toggle Show Advanced Settings. Learn more about this here.
How Can I Assign the Role of Group Admin to a Community Member?
- This can be done in a members specific settings. Learn more about this here.